Tuesday 2 July 2013

Off to New York City

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City

FoodMeUpScotty is hitting the big apple!

After heaps of planning and saving we are finally off to the US of A and in particular New York and even more specifically, Manhattan!  For those of you who love my regular updates, don't fear as I will be continuing to post from New York and have lots of yummy American treats lined up.

I am pretty excited to be visiting some of the best restaurants in the world when I go to Manhattan so keep an eye out for posts from some Three Michelin Starred restaurants while I am away.  But it won't all be about fine dining (well, a lot of it will be) but some good old fashioned street food and American classics, like burger joints, hot dog stands and delis'!

If you have any favourite places in New York that you fondly remember and want me to visit then just leave a comment after this post.  I can't promise I will fit them all in, but I promise to try!

I will still be posting photos to my Instagram and Facebook accounts, so keep an eye out for photos of delicious looking foods!

@FoodMeUpScotty





5 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate! I was pretty excited looking through your posts leading up to going :)

    AC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a New Yorker who reads your blog (My boyfriend lives in Brisbane and I like to send him places to eat at). I would recommend:
    Thai: Chao Thai in Elmhurst for more traditional Thai OR Zabb Elee in Jackson Heights for spicy Thai
    Dim Sum: Pacificana in Sunset Park or Jing Fong in Chinatown.
    Go to Flushing- it's a larger and better food version of Chinatown. Check out Biang if you like lamb, the New World Mall food court, Soup Dumplings at Nan Xiang Dumpling House, wander and eat
    Spanish Tapas: Despana in Soho
    Japanese Tapas: Yakitori Taisho on St Marks or Hagi in Times Square
    Eat and wander around Jackson Heights- get off at 74 st/Broadway and walk up Roosevelt Ave- you'll pass Filipino, Indian, Nepalese, Thai, Columbia/Spanish areas and lots of restaurants and ethnic supermarkets.

    This site offers a good wrap up of weekly food events: http://www.eatingintranslation.com/. Their list is posted every Thursday.

    Try to get to the other boroughs for ethnic good- the options are much better. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for the email tips! Glad you like my blog and hopefully when I type up some NYC blogs, I will be able to add to your list of things to try in NYC!

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  5. 나는 그것이 가장 놀라운 구조라고 생각합니다.뉴욕 럭셔리 아파트

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment, I really love and appreciate feedback and your thoughts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...