Tuesday 22 July 2014

Festival Series - Regional Flavours


Something is always going in in Brisbane these days, it seems.  No sooner does one event finish, than another takes its place, and what's better, is that much of the festivities revolve around food.  Regional Flavours is the latest of the year's big events and is South Bank's signature food and wine festival, which has been running for six years and has fast become the highlight of the foodie calendar.


I still remember my first Regional Flavours, which was only three years ago, and the impression it has made on me.  It was a beautiful sunny winter's day, with Little Stanley Street completely transformed with food vendors from around the state showing their fare.  I resolved at that time to make sure I marked Regional Flavours into my diary and attend every year...  Of course, at the time I didn't realise that I would miss the very next year, the festival coinciding with my trip to New York (see posts here).  But as much as I loved my Regional Flavours experience, I certainty loved NYC more!

So, Regional Flavours 2014 became my first as a Food Blogger and the experience was enhanced by being a #Hunter for the Hunting Club, set up by the South Bank Surf Club (see post here).  Leading up to Regional Flavours saw me helping find other #Hunters to join in on the fun and spread the word about the event on social media.  

The Hunting Club was one of a number of major features of the 2014 Regional Flavours, with Eat-Show-Tell, All Day Breakfast and Savour at River Quay all providing opportunities to watch cooking demonstrations and celebrities involved in the food industry.  There were book signings and some pretty special guests strutting their stuff at the main stage at the Courier Mail Piazza.  We were wandering around when Master Chef's Matt Preston was performing and then doing a book signing!


While I didn't get along to last year's Regional Flavours, so can't compare, the big difference from my last visit in 2102 was the addition of a heap of Eat Fleet Food Trucks.  We wandered from food truck to food truck looking at the delicious foods on offer from some of our favourite South Bank restaurants, with most of the food on offer being about $5 bucks.  We wandered around the area and sampled a bit of food here and a bit of food there.  SC even bought some interesting flavoured jams from one of the stalls - good times, good times!

It was a beautiful sunny winter's day again for the 2104 Regional Flavours, again reminding me why Brisbane is such a fabulous city.  In a month which includes the Good Food Month, Regional Flavours has become one of the must-do events on the calendar.  If you missed out this year, never fear, there is always next year.  For those that went along, I'm sure you had a fantastic time and are already counting down the days until Regional Flavours 2015.

I hope you enjoy the photos from this year's event


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comment, I really love and appreciate feedback and your thoughts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...